Jump to Navigation

Connecticut Post-Judgment Modifications Attorneys

A Lawyer to Modify Divorce Court Orders

The court recognizes that your life is ever-changing and evolving. When that happens, your court- ordered child support, custody, visitation, and alimony arrangements may need to change, too. At D'Amico, Griffin and Pettinicchi, LLC our family law attorney has more than 21 years of experience helping clients modify court orders to more accurately reflect their current circumstances.

Recognized. Accomplished. Well-respected. . . and In Your Own Backyard
Call us at 860-631-5368 or toll free 866-751-5691

Financial court orders can be modified if you have experienced a substantial change in circumstances. For example, if you lost your job, we can apply for a reduction in the amount of child support or alimony you must pay. If your ex-spouse received a substantial increase in pay, we can seek to have their payments modified upward.

Custody and visitation court orders may be modified if it is in the best interest of your child or children to do so. In some cases the Office of Family Relations or a court-appointed attorney may need to get involved to make a recommendation to the court on behalf of your child regarding what changes may be in his or her best interest.

If one of your children reaches the age of majority, it is important to seek a modification of child support and have it recalculated for any remaining minor children. You cannot simply stop paying the amount allocated for the child who recently became an adult.

Move Away Issues - Relocation

If you are a custodial parent who wishes to move out of state with your child or children, it is extremely important to consult an attorney before you move or you may jeopardize your custodial rights.

To move away, the custodial parent must either gain the consent of the non-custodial parent, or prove to the court that the relocation serves a legitimate purpose, and won't harm the other parent's right to have an ongoing relationship with the child(ren).The opposing party then has an opportunity to argue that the move is not in the best interest of the child.

We assist parents who were formerly married as well as parents who were never married establish, enforce, and modify their parental rights. If you have any questions about modification of court orders, please contact an attorney at D'Amico, Griffin and Pettinicchi, LLC.

Have a Question?

Bold labels are required.

Please complete all fields.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Review This Law Firm

What our Clients & Community Say About Us

  • "Thank you very much for being so helpful and for answering all of the questions I had! It was nice to have someone to have all the answers I needed!"
    Read more

  • "… it is very comforting to know that I am in good hands with you and your firm …"
    Read more

  • "From the bottom of our hearts we are truly grateful for all you have done …"
    Read more

  • "Thank you again for all of your good work and I would recommend your services to anyone …"
    Read more

  • "Thank you for always being so supportive and kind …"
    Read more

  • "Mr. Pettinicchi, Thank you for taking care of me …"
    Read more

D’Amico, Griffin & Pettinicchi, LLC
465 Straits Turnpike

P.O. Box 670
Watertown, CT 06795

Phone: 860-631-5368
Toll Free: 866-751-5691
Fax: 860-945-6668

E-mail | Watertown Law Office Map